Frosty Valley Country Club was established on October 15, 1959 with the granting of its charter. The land for the golf course, a virtually treeless farmland, was acquired in 1960. Prior to completing the land acquisition, the golf course architect, David Gordon, was hired to design the 18 hole golf course. On May 5, 1960, the contract to build the course was awarded to Robert Vincent, who completed the work in 1961. Nine holes were ready for play by mid 1961 and by the spring of 1962, all 18 holes were playable.
The farm buildings, with the exception of the barn, were in poor condition and were eventually torn down. The barn is still used, mainly for cart storage. One building, a chicken coop, was used for a while as the club house. In May, 1962, construction was begun on the original clubhouse. A year or two later, the first addition to the clubhouse was completed. Originally, the pro shop occupied part of the clubhouse, but in 1964, the current pro shop building was constructed.
The Board of Directors approved additional amenities in the form of an Olympic size swimming pool and bathhouse in 1965. Four tennis courts were added a few years later.
A notable addition to the golf course was made in 1993 when a modern irrigation system was installed.
Over the years, some PGA professional golfers, including Arnold Palmer have played the course and commented favorably on it. Members feel that it is the finest golf course in the area.